As the PUM and Dev Mgr (among others) have mentioned, CTP5 (120MB) is out the door. We’re one of the teams that has a co-dogfooding relationship with them (we’re using their bits, they’re using ours), and it’s great to see them come along!
From Cameron’s (ha! get it? CameronS?) blog post:
There are a number of new things in this release that you should be aware of:
- The ability to Import a script into the project system. Gert has already blogged about this new feature here.
- You can now extend our database unit testing assertions, adding your own test assertion to the drop down in the TSQL unit testing designer. Check out Sachin’s blog for details.
- We’ve included a “New Database Project Wizard” to better orient new users. Here’s a couple of screenshots to wet your appetite! Gert has just blogged about this in much more detail here.
- Many more options that can be manipulated through the Project properties pages that controls many more aspects of how the script coming out of the Build process is generated
- MSBuild tasks so that build and deploy can be better automated via command line
- The ability to filter the Schema view based on schema or object type:
- So very close to full Yukon support! ( See the readme for a list of object types that we currently don’t have coverage for )
- And more!