Bye, bye, Pluto.
In terms of making current science textbooks “out of date”, I like this change better – it’s much easier for teachers to (maybe) remember to say “some group of people have decided that last one doesn’t really count” than to try and remember the relatively difficult name of the proposed 3 “new” planets-to-be.
- No, we were lost.
- None of us knew where we were.
- And then Harry began feeling around on all the trees.
- Then he said “I got it. We on Pluto”.
- And we said “Harry, how can you tell?”
- He said “From the bark, you dummy!”
- From the bark!
1The eight planets are: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.