Sarah’s learned a bunch of jokes from one of her favorite shows – The Backyardigans. However, she mixes them up a bunch.
For instance, from last night (J == me)
- S: What’s big, red, and eats rocks?
- J: I don’t know.
- S: Because she’s ugly and smells bad!
The 2 original jokes:
- What’s big, red, and eats rocks?
- A big red rock-eater!
- Why does the Empress wear makeup and perfume?
- Because she’s ugly and smells bad!
There’s lots of mismatches like that from Sarah, including these 2 she swaps the punch lines for:
- Q: What does Tarzan say when he sees a herd of elephants?
- A: Pupcorn!
- Q: What is a dog’s favorite snack?
- A: “Look, it’s a herd of elephants!”
Admittedly, it does get a bigger laugh from me, so perhaps it’s intentional – I’m not sure I’ll ever know.